In the biblical study of Daniel, we understand that the 9th chapter is of prime importance as one of the four end-time views use this passage to put forth many yet to occur ideas. Therefore it is critical that we understand to whom this passage teaches. Does it reveal the hope of the coming Messiah to a Jewish nature in captivity or the horror of some future Ant-Christ? Therefore we need to remind ourselves of scriptures teaching of Christ and see how the Bible reveals itself.
1) He was called the __________________________________________. (Matthew 1:16; 16:16,20)
Christ is the Greek form of ___________________________________ , (John 1:41) which literally means “ Anointed One ”.
2) The ministry of Jesus (from His baptism to His crucifixion) lasted three and a half years.
3) Jesus was described by John the Baptist as the __________________________________ (John 1:29, 36)
4) Jesus was crucified on the Jewish holiday of __________________________________, (Matthew 26:2) this was a from (Exodus 12:21-24) and was a foreshadow of Christ because _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5) When Jesus died on the cross certain things happened,
a)_______________________________________________________ (Mark 15:33)
b) ______________________________________________________ (Matthew 27:50,51)
c) _______________________________________________________(Matthew 27:51b-53)
6) It was foretold that the Messiah would be mistreated (Isaiah 53: 3-10) notice all the things that were mentioned to occur.
7) Today Jesus is our ___________________________. (Hebrews 9:13) He made a __________________________ with His death. (Jeremiah 31:31; Luke 22:20; Hebrews 8:8; 13; Hebrews 12:24)
8) Regarding the Old Testament sacrifices and the temple work, Jesus said that __________________________________________________ (Matthew 23:37,38) yet the act of sacrifices still were carried out until the_____________________________________________________ as foretold by Jesus in (Matthew 24:1,2) by the Romans under the leadership of the general Titus.
9) The duration of the exile in Babylon was to last ____________ years described in Jeremiah 25:11-13 and Jeremiah 29:10. After the end of those years a decree was issued to return home (Ezra 1:1,2)
70 weeks (of years) or 70 -7 year periods = 490 years total starting with the Decree to rebuild from Ezra 1:1. With three divisions; 7 weeks =49 years, 62 weeks = 434 years; 1week =7 years for a total of 490 years or 70 weeks of years.
Reread Daniel 9:25-27 and see how much is now easier to understand